EARTh Association for Regression Therapy aims to process personal data in line with GDPR. This privacy notice states why we collect and process personal data and the rights the data subjects have relating to the collecting and processing of personal data.
EARTh Association for Regression Therapy, Reigersstraat 8, 3405 WD Benschop, the Netherlands.
Registration number at Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel): KvK 08170497.
If you have any questions or complaints about our processing of your personal data, please contact us through: email@example.com.
Our administrative processes take place in the Netherlands, therefore in case of a complaint regarding our use of personal data, you can contact the Dutch supervisory authority on personal data:
Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, Postbus 93374, 2509 AJ DEN HAAG. Telephone number: (+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00. Website: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en
We would be grateful however if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you. You can contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
THE LEGAL BASES, WE RELY ON FOR PROCESSING
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and any pre-contractual obligations;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party;
- Upon request, the Owner will help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing if there is any concern.
Personal Data is collected in the following methods:
- filling in forms on our website
- communicating with us by post, phone, email
- ordering our products or services
- subscribing to our newsletter
- automatically collected Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
- Surveys or researches from the EARTh Research Committee, or other EARTh Committees.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the following Personal Data from you:
- Identity Datamay include your first name, last name
- Contact Datamay include your billing address, email address and telephone numbers
- During processing your membership application, we collect information about you and your relevant training (email, website, postal address, phone number, birth date, training documents).
- Technical Datamay include your, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website
- Data provided through Surveys or Research information collected through a survey or research done by one of the EARTh committees or third parties in cooperation with EARTh.
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The data are used to respond to your queries or questions about our organisation, regression therapy or products; as well as for the following purposes: analytics, SPAM protection and managing contacts and contacting you.
For members: some data we will use for our administrative processes, for adding you to our list of members on our website (unless you let us know you don’t want that) and to send you our newsletters with important information on activities of EARTh and developments in the field of regression therapy.
For subscribers to our email lists or former members/congress participants: to keep you updated with emails about meetings, activities of EARTh and new developments in the field of Regression Therapy.
Researches or surveys
In some cases we collect your data for surveys or researches that you can participate in voluntarily.
Any research data entrusted to the Research Committee will be handled with reasonable care and within reasonable expectations. This means that the data provided will be discussed and shared with members of the Research Committee where necessary to process and analyse the data to transform it into meaningful information. Such collaboration is common in research and meets reasonableness tests. Your confidentiality is crucial and shall be respected at all times. Your personal information will never be shared with others. In terms of any research reporting no identifiable details of any research participants will be shared and your anonymity shall be maintained to the highest ethical standards.
For more information on data collected and by the Research Committee please consult the GDPR consent form, which you can find here. [PLEASE NASSOS PUT THE LINK TO THE OTHER DOCUMENT]
For surveys from other EARTh Committees usually the data are collected anonymously and we work with programs that are GDPR compliant, like Survey Monkey. Data provided in the questionnaire can be discussed and shared within the committee responsible for the survey, and in some cases the board. Your confidentiality is crucial and shall be respected at all times. Your personal information – if known to us – will never be shared with others.
WEBINARS AND ONLINE MEETINGS
EARTh organises webinars and online workshops or meetings regularly. The program we use for this is Zoom. We collect names and email-addresses for registrations. Webinars and meetings are often recorded so they can be reviewed later on. Participants need to identify themselves when entering the meeting or webinar, but during the session they can shut off their video and/or rename themselves if they don’t want their video or data to be shown in the recording. Being in time before the meeting begins is necessary for those that don’t want their name and video on the recording.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We know how much Data security matters to all our website visitors and members. We will treat your Data with the utmost care and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Our website interaction with customers is secured using ‘https’ technology.
No research data will ever be sent to third parties; with the exception of analysed research reporting (such as submission in article format to the IJRT) which will only include anonymised data.
All data held (dominantly electronic) is securely stored and protected to maintain your confidentiality
Where sensible and possible to do so data will be encrypted and/or password protected
We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers/members (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may at times share some of your Personal Data with third parties we work with. For example, companies who look after and support our website or an accountant.
We do not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.
For our newsletter we use Mailchimp, a service that works under the US privacy shield. We share your name and emailaddress with Mailchimp for this reason.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED
For our website: at times we will need to share your Personal Data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we do this, we ensure your Data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA.
Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
Users may exercise certain rights regarding the processing of personal data by EARTh.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Right to object to the processing of your Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Right to access your Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner and obtain a copy of the Data being processed.
- Right to verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Right to restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Right to have their Personal Data deleted. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Right to receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance.
- Right to object. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
DETAILS ABOUT THE RIGHT TO OBJECT
Where Personal Data is processed for the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
For official members, please check your information in our Therapists list; you can edit/revise/delete your listing anytime you wish by notifying us in a written form.
For other subscribers, please see your profile by clicking the update subscription preferences option at the end of each email update we send.
Any other requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner within one month.
HOW CAN YOU STOP THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
You can stop any further direct marketing from us by:
- clicking the unsubscribe link in emails we send at any time
- If you are a member and you don’t want to receive our newsletters anymore, you can inform us by email.
CONTACTING THE INFORMATION SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you have any issue with how your Data has been handled or are not satisfied with the response you have received to any request, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, Postbus 93374, 2509 AJ DEN HAAG. Telephone number: (+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00. Website: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en
INFORMATION NOT CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
DEFINITIONS AND LEGAL REFERENCES
Personal Data (Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — allows for the identification of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this website which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the Users who use this website, the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the country of origin, the browser and the operating system, the time details per visit and the path followed within the website and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s computer environment.
The individual using this website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Controller (or Owner)
The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this website as described on this site.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
A small piece of Data stored in the User’s device.