headspace, Corio — Brief Intervention Youth Counsellor
AUGUST 2022 – PRESENT
● Experience in comprehensive intake, assessment and triage processes
● Holds brief intervention counselling spaces for young people 12-25 years of age presenting with mild to moderate mental health
● Employs brief interventions from ACT, MBCT, polyvagal theory, somatic intervention, IFS and other trauma informed psychotherapies
● Provides family inclusive service
My Psychology Matters, Mornington — Mental Health Counsellor
AUGUST 2022 – OCTOBER 2023
● Holds tele-health counselling spaces for young people and adults
● Employs therapeutic interventions from ACT, MBCT, polyvagal theory, somatic intervention, IFS and other trauma informed psychotherapies
● Independent contractor at the practice
PLP Solutions, online — Counsellor
MARCH 2023 – SEPTEMBER 2023
● Independent contractor at the practice. Works with clients of employment agencies, presenting with complex issues such as substance use, trauma, etc.
Monash University, Clayton, Australia — Masters of Counselling
AUGUST 2020 – MAY 2022
Ashoka University, India — BA (Hons.) Psychology
AUGUST 2017 – MAY 2020
3.62/4 CGPA (Latin Honour: Cum Laude)
PLACEMENTS AND INTERNSHIPS
Westside Consulting Suites| Student on Placement (2022)
● Worked under Dr. Ashish Mordia’s mentorship for his psychiatric practice.
● Offered supportive counselling sessions to clients.
● Ongoing professional supervision.
KPsych Services Pvt. Ltd.| Student on Placement (2021-2022)
● Founded the support group services vertical.
● Provided over 115 hours of individual counselling to clients and offered around 25 hours of group counselling.
● Supported the clients through issues such as anxiety, relationship and attachment trauma, career stress, mood disorders etc.
● Received 18 hours of professional supervision.
Zentered Minds Fellowship| Student on Placement (2021)
● Offered 30 hours of one on one counselling to clients and completed over 70 hours of non-contact professional counselling training.
● Received 8 hours of professional group supervision.
You’re Wonderful Project (NGO) | Online Peer Supporter (2019 – 2021); Campaigns Team Member
● Administered text-based counselling support to around 50 help-seekers belonging to the adolescent and early adulthood age-groups.
● Employed empathetic responding, probing, challenging, solution focused-brief interventions and some aspects of
● Developed a nation-wide database of mental health professionals for referrals.
● Conducted training on online peer support.
● Raised the highest amount of funds in their fundraising efforts (2020).
● Conceptualized and facilitated 8 hours of peer support groups called “A Space To Share”.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CERTIFICATIONS
PG Advanced Diploma in Mindfulness and Presence Oriented Psychotherapy by Just Being Center, Pune and TISS, Bombay (2021-2023) (Current)
Diploma in Transpersonal Regression Therapy by Dr. Natwar Sharma (2023)
Certification in Clinical Trauma Professional – PESI
Certification in ACT for Beginners – Russ Harris
Certification in ACT as Brief Intervention – Russ Harris
Certification in Passionate Life Programme – PLP Solutions
Certification in Emotion Release Protocol – PLP Solutions
Counselling, Mindfulness-based counselling, Regression Therapy, Psychometric Testing, History Taking, Mental Status Exams, OPD/IPD Case Reporting, Online Peer
Support, Basic Research Methods, JASP Statistical Software, Conducting Baseline Audits, Microsoft Office, Canva.
● Dean’s List, Ashoka University (Monsoon Semester 2018 and 2019; Spring Semester 2020) – Awarded for securing a GPA of over
● CBSE Certification of Merit (2017) – for being among the top o.1 percent of successful candidates in Psychology in the country and
scoring a 100% in my year 12 board exams.
● Principal’s Award for Mansinghite of the Year (2016), Social Crusader Award (2016), Global Pathfinder Award (2016) and Music
Award (2016) – received these awards in my year 12 at school.
English and Hindi
Mode of Therapy
Transpersonal Regression Therapy
Mindfulness and Presence Oriented Psychotherapy by Sandy Dias Andrade